I’ve been thinking about the reason I enjoy photography so much lately. The reason for these thoughts is that I have found myself not being ‘involved’ as much as I have in the recent past. That may be because it is winter and the blahs have set it. It could be because I feel I’m not growing as much as I should in my skills. It could even be fear of going on the next step, whatever that next step is.
But I love photography. So what is the disconnect? No idea as of yet.
All my thinking though circled around to the reasons that I love photography. There are a number of reasons, but here are a few:
- Geeky tech stuff-the gear and science behind photography is just cool.
- Creating things-for years I wanted to be a writer but I couldn’t get the word on paper to match the picture in my head
- Seeing the world differently-learning to see the light has been great, but learning to see the potential in light has been fantastic. Still lots to learn.
- Making people smile-When someone enjoys my photos it means the world to me
- Learning something new-I love to learn. And photography has been something I can learn at my own pace and in my own way
- Having fun-that says it all. Envisioning and then creating a photograph is just fun.
The journey may be tough at times, and you may get dirty, but utilize the journey to learn more about yourself. The more you grow the better you are at whatever you do.